Monday, November 16, 2009


I love the Fall. The weather begins to cool down. Fall color tinges the trees and brush. Grass slows its growth and pumpkins ripen. As the world around me changes from green to gold I am reminded that the change before us will usher in a new thing in God's plan. But that new thing; the new growth, cannot happen until the old has fallen away and been purified through the cold of winter. Fall is the first reminder of God's Promise to renew and bring life from the earth.

And I love fall decorations, gourds and pumpkins and bales of straw. Perhaps a happy scarecrow sitting nearby. I have enjoyed decorating the front yard this month. I changed my flower pots from pansies and petunias to bright orange and deep red mums. I cut my own corn stalks from our fields and tied them with a beautiful fall bow. It is so much fun to go and pick the perfect pumpkins for display. It is like preparing for a celebration.
But what are we celebrating? Is it a celebration of change? Yes, but more than that, fall is easily the celebration of Christ's work on the Cross. You see, at that moment things changed, defeat fell like dead leaves and in His resurrection we were given the opportunity to have new life that pushes past the death in the world around us. What an awesome thing it is to be a most loved Child of the King. ©Pamela Sonnenmoser Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment